- 2.1/4 cup - Flour (sift)
- 4oz - Butter (Room temp.) 70° to 75°
- 1ea - Whole egg
- 1.oz - Champagne vinegar
- 2oz - Cold water
- 1tsp - Salt
Yield One dozen
- Place flour and salt in a stainless steel bowl. Break pieces of the butter into the flour. BY hand; fold the flour and butter together.
- Add the egg, champagne vinegar, and water to the dough and mix by hand once combined until a flaky and pliable consistency.
- Cover dough and let rest for approximately one hour.
- Have Elk meat stuffing pre-made and portioned. < see recipe
Braised Elk Stuffing
- 8oz - Elk Shoulder / Chuck (Braised 5hr)
- 8oz - Short rib
- 3oz - Diced yellow onion
- 1oz - Diced shallots
- 1oz - Diced garlic
- 1Tbsp - Fresh thyme
- 2Tbsp - Fresh parsley
- 3oz - Red wine
- 1.5gal - Beef stock
- TT - Salt & Pepper
- 2oz- Olive Oil blend
- 1Tbsp - Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Clean elk tenderloin and short rib and cut into 4 inch segments. S&P each segment.
- Add the olive oil to a heated small roasting pan, Sear dark on both sides of each segment. Pull meat out of pan and let rest.
- Add the Garlic, Shallots, Yellow onion, and Thyme to the pan and sauté; once translucent and add the beef and elk. Deglaze with the red wine, once reduced add the beef stock 2qt. at a time and braised for 5hours on medium high heat.
- Strain out the stock and slightly chill the meat mixture.
- Chop the meat mixture and fold in the parsley.
Start with 2ea whole eggs (for egg wash) and a ½ cup flour (for Dough) to process the recipe
- Preheat fryer to 350º and Temp.
- Cut the dough in two halves and make an even square with one halve by hand; then finish rolling out with a rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut out 3.3/4inch circles with a ring mold all around the surface of the dough and remove the excess dough. Brush each circle with the egg wash and place the pre-portion elk stuffing in the center of each circle, Fold each circle over and crimp the edges with a flour dusted fork to seal in mixture.
- Fry until golden brown and serve with any savory dipping sauce.