What you need:
- 8oz - Jumbo Lump Crab (Pasteurized)
- 1tsp - Garlic (minced)
- 1.1/2tsp - Shallots (minced)
- 1/2oz - Green Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1/2oz - Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 1/2oz - Red Onion (Diced)
- 1Tbsp - Parsley
- 1ea - Whole egg (Beaten)
- 1.1/2oz - Mayonnaise
- 1/2oz - Panko
- 1Tbsp - Flour
- 1tsp - Old Bay seasoning
- 1tsp - Paprika
- 1Tbsp - Fried Capers
- 2oz - Olive Oil Blend
- TT - S & P
Yield ½ / 2oz dozen crab cakes
- In a heated sauté pan, start with the oil blend and sweat the garlic and shallots; then add and lightly sautéing the peppers and onion then chill pepper mixture.
- Strain excess water from the crab meat, then place in a stainless steel bowl and add the chilled pepper mixture to the crab, along with all seasonings, mayo, egg, flour, panko, and capers.
- Gently fold all ingredients together, making sure not to break up all the crab meat. Note: Some of the crab should be whole for a better texture.
- Preheat Sauté pan on medium high heat.
- Place 2oz portions in a ring mold and press mixture to form a crab cake.
- Use Olive oil blend to fry crab cakes until golden brown on each side.